Friday 1 November 2013

Skincare Routine


Hey Everyone,

I hope you guys had a wonderful Halloween and are sufficiently tired this morning! I know I will be (this was written on the Wednesday, in anticipation of this!) So, I have gone through my everyday make up and what I use in the shower....now it's time for SKINCARE! Yay! And I'm sure a lot you will have gone to bed with your make up on or taken it off with a make up wipe! (skincare sin!) But we all do it sometimes - so the day after a big night is definitely a time to treat your skin!

So, lets start with items I keep in the bathroom...
I have my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (what a mouth full!) I've been using this stuff for over a year now and I just can't get enough of it! I switched to a "polish" as I was finding soap cleansers were dehydrating my skin; making it feel all tight :( This does not break me out and keeps my skin super soft! And when used with the Muslin cloth (seen behind) helps remove my make up nicely. Then, on the right, is my Clinique anti-blemish solutions oil-control cleansing mask (another mouth full :P) I don't use this daily; but sometimes I wake up in the morning and my skin feels super oily. So, if I have time, I'll quickly use this mask in my oily areas - chin and around my nose. This just takes away that bit of excess oil and also helps reduce the size of blemishes.
 Finally, I have my MAC Cleanse Off Oil which I use if I'm wearing water-proof mascara or a heavy face of make up! This stuff really works! It is amazing - girls with oily skin - don't be put off by the word "oil". It does not break me out!
 Yes, I'm sorry this is going to be one of those really long posts :P So, moving on to my toner and moisturizer. I use the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic; I know I could probably skip this step but I like it as it removes that last bit of "dirt and grime" off my face! Then, I use my Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel - this is my Holy Grail Moisturizer! It is honestly, the best I've tried, it leaves the skin feeling hydrated and it doesn't sit on top of my oily skin. This leaves my skin super soft and ready for make up.
 Stay with me...almost there :) I call these my little extras. They really do make a difference to my skin though. On the left, Clinique superdefense age defense moisturizer (combination oily to oily) I was recommended this about 3 years ago, when I noticed I had flaky skin on my nose. I didn't know what was going wrong as I regularly exfoliated etc. So this lady at Clinique, suggested that I try this moisturizer. At first, I was a bit offended she was suggesting that I used an anti-ageing cream at the age of 16! Though, it is never too early to start anti-ageing products I have learnt and this cream really did help my flaky skin! I haven't had a problem with it since! Then, in the middle, Grease Lightning Spot Treatment from Lush. This is a relatively new purchase for me and it is awesome for my blemish prone skin. It dries out active spots and reduces their size massively! I use this before I go to bed. Then, finally, I have my Origins GinZing eye cream. This I use every morning, this brightens my eyes and gives me a more awake feeling.

Never forget to show your lips some love! I use Popcorn Lip scrub from Lush; this just gets rid of dry skin on the lips - makes them nice and smooth. Then, I apply Carmex original which hydrates and tastes amazing!


 This final product is like a "treat" product for myself. I don't always have it as it only lasts a few weeks (being a fresh face mask). It slightly exfoliates and smells nice, and leaves my skin feeling fresh!

I hope you enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!

If you want a more in depth review of individual products let me know!

Emma
x




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...