Monday 4 November 2013

Autumn/Winter Lipsticks!


Hey Everyone,

It is that time of year, when everyone is wearing darker clothes (which I do all year round anyway!), woolly knits and scarves, and hats etc. All those good things about colder months! So, I thought I'd do my first seasonal post - Autumn/ Winter Lipsticks! Yay! :D

 WARNING! This post contains a lot of photos of my face! (Sorry in advance about the quality - I'm doing my best with the camera I have!) So there are 5 lipsticks that I'd like to talk about.

Firstly, there are my 2 favourite nudes :) I love nude lipsticks in general, so technically isn't really seasonal. But I'm including them anyway, you can never have too many nudey/pink lipsticks!

Let's jump in with the lipstick on the right - this is the most expensive lipstick I own (which I got as a present); Tom Ford Blush Nude. This is a seriously creamy lipstick, makes it very comfortable to wear. However, it can sit in lines on the lips; so you have to make sure your lips are hydrated. It also helps to rub it into the lips, which also makes it last longer.

Here is a close up with it on the lips and then on the right, the lipstick incorporated with the whole face. As you can see it is a slightly pink nude.






Second Nude is Giorgio Armani in 103 - I used this in my everyday make up routine. I love this nude; it is not as thick as the Tom Ford so it's staying power is not as good. However, it is still very comfortable to wear and is that lipstick you can put on without a mirror. This is a more peachy nude.



Here is what Autumn/Winter make up is all about! Winter is definitely the time to get out your dark, bold lipsticks out! These are but a few of my favourites.

I'll start with the most wearable - middle - Chanel Rouge Allure 116 Envoutante. This is my favourite one for an everyday autumn look, where you want to play up the lips but at the same time want it subtle. It is so soft on the lips and you can build it up if you want something more. It also has a faint raspberry scent (which I really like!)



So it is no secret to anyone that I love MAC lipsticks! I love the smell, the range of formulas are great and they tend to have good staying power (especially the stronger colours!)

This first one is MAC's rebel lipstick (one on the right) - which has been talked about a lot on the internet. When I went into MAC and said I was looking for a nice Plumy lipstick, this is the first one that was shown to me. As soon as I tried it I was sold! As you can see from the images, it is slightly pinky - which I quite like and makes a change from the more traditional plums like the Chanel one.






Finally, MAC's hang up lipstick (one on the left). This is not so talked about on the internet, which surprises me as it is such a lovely deep, plumy red. It is another one I like to wear as a stain; it is a very thick consistency.


I hope you enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!

Emma
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...