Monday 30 December 2013

#1 Face of the Day


Hey Everyone,

I hope you all are well and all had a fantastic christmas! I feel as though I'm always making excuses for my lack of blogs - but again, I'm sorry for lack of regularity; I have been skiing and at home with my family (that's a good enough excuse - right?) Also, warning in advance, my posts won't be back to normal until my exams are finished in January! However, we all know what revision is like and I am the Queen of Procrastination :P So, I'm hoping to put up a few odd blogs here and there! 

Let's get started! As, you can probably guess I had a bit of make up given to me over Christmas so I wanted to do a look which shows a few bits that I got :)







So, as you can see this look is pretty much the same as what I do everyday! You will also notice that I dyed my hair! Yay! I've wanted this colour for sooooo long and I love it so much! 




I haven't included all my make up in this photo - just the new editions to my collection.

Starting on the left - I managed to grab these super cute Shu uemura "S-curler" in the Selfridges beauty sale; they are really awesome as they allow you to curl every single lash! Only down side is that it takes slightly longer to curl!

Further along the top there is the Giorgio Armani Maestro fusion make up - I've had my eye on this foundation for a long time and I finally caved! Except a review coming soon!

Next, there is the Dr Lipp original nipple balm for lips. I decided to try this cult product after my friend Allie (Living life in Docs) recommended it to me, after she had it as a sample in a birch box :P So far I like it - slightly on the thicker side though but it is very moisturiser for the lips.

Below that, there is the Alexa Chung for eyeko set; which I am in love with! The mascara really lengthens my lashes and doesn't move all day -  but is surprisingly easy to remove! Then the eyeliner is really great - it stays on all day and like the mascara, is easy to remove. But what I really love about it is that it doesn't make my eyelashes crispy after applying it! 

On the bottom line; there is this super cute butterfly box :D Just the packaging makes me happy! From this set from Paul and Joe, I used the lilac powder eyeshadow shade in the certain of the eye (to tie in the purple in my hair :P!) It is a very subtle shade - that adds just a hint of shimmery lilac; this will brighten up my eyes.

Then finally, saved the best until last, I was lucky enough to receive the NARS eye and cheek palette in At first sight. This palette is stunning and I love that all the shades are extremely wearable. For today, I used the bottom left eyeshadow shade in the crease and the top left shade to highlight the inner corner. 

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of the blush I used! I used Illamasqua's Powder blush in Hussy - these blushes are extremely pigmented, so you only need the smallest amount! 

I'd love to know what make up goodies you got for Christmas! Please comment below :P

I hope you enjoyed this post and you are having a lovely day!

Emma 
x   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...