Friday 29 August 2014

Show your brushes some love!

Hey Everyone,

I know you are all aware that I am away on holiday at the moment (this is a pre-scheduled post) and I am showing my brushes some love this evening. As I am going away for a week,  I thought I would give the ones I'm taking some love! This post also gives me an opportunity to show you some new products I've been using to clean my brushes.

First step - Deep cleanse


Now - I'll admit - this is my first proper Brush Soap/Shampoo I have EVER used! I know! It is shocking, I only used normal hand soap! :O!

But I wanted to change that! So, when I went to IMATS (Haul Video) I found this little beauty. I bought it from the Love Make up counter; as it wasn't too expensive. Another thing that draw me to it, was the smell. As the picture on the front suggests, it smells like lavender :P! Which makes cleaning my brushes a much more pleasant experience. Also, it is made with Goats Milk, which led me to assume it would make my brushes uber soft (which it does!)

How to use: Dampen the brush and the soap. Then, swirl the brush in the soap and then rinse! It is that easy :D! (I'm sounding like an advert now!)

Second step - Towel dry


I know a bit obvious - but I wanted an excuse to do a cool aerial shot :P!

Remember to be gentle and to re-shape once excess water has been removed.

Third step - Dry UPSIDE-DOWN!


Now - this little item has made drying my brushes less of a fuss.

What is it you may ask? It is a brush tree. To be more precise it is a Benjabelle Brush Tree. Again, I got this from IMATS from Love Make up.

I love this thing - for several reasons. Firstly, it drys brushes quicker! See the big brush in the picture (in the middle) that is a Louise Young Super Foundation Brush. This brush used to take a day and a half to dry! It seemed to take ages, and this is one of my favourite brushes! Now it only takes about 10 hours - amazing! Secondly, it looks a lot neater on my table top and it seems to take up less space than you'd think.

I would highly recommend these brush trees; as they are good quality and really get the job done! 

I hope this posts inspires you to clean your brushes (yes - I'm looking at you!). As always, have a lovely day!
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...