Thursday 21 August 2014

Make up Organisation // New storage items

Hey Everyone,

So, I don't think I have ever met a beauty enthusiast/vlogger/blogger not get excited by the prospect of NEW storage items! It is a serious subject, and needs to be just right - in terms of presentation and usefulness. 

I am currently living at home for the summer, so my storage system is not ideal; as my collection has grown substantially since I was in Sixth form. So, while in HomeBase and BHS, I found two new items which have helped me organise my stash. They were both inexpensive and have other potential uses.


My first item is this Chrome wire Cutlery Tray - which I picked up from HomeBase for about £3. I have seen this technique of organisation used many times in the blogger world. Why? Because it just works! Instead of my previous technique of throwing them all in - this works much better. I am able to separate the lipsticks form the lip glosses, and the mascaras from the eyeliners. 

As I said this is my old storage unit from when I was still permanently living at home. So, this draw is too small for my collection, but this tray is still useful (I have even been able to colour organise my lipsticks and lip glosses!) 100% recommend something like this to organise inside draws.

BHS Vintage Tooth brush holder (sorry - no link was available)

Now this was a steal! I managed to find this for £2.99 (originally £6.99), and I just love the fact it says "Brush" (even if it really means tooth brush). It is the perfect size for smaller brushes, such as eye and lip brushes etc. 


As you can see from this set up on the top of my cabinet, I like to keep my brushes in mugs. More specifically, Starbucks mugs which I have been collecting since I went to a Starbuck's in the Bahamas when I was about 12! My most recent addition to my collection is my Amsterdam mug - the bike just makes it :P 

To me this is the most effective method of storage for brushes; as they are easily accessible and they are kept (relatively) clean. Logically, my larger brushes are in the larger mug. At the start of the summer, I had all my brushes in the SAME mug - which meant that I kept losing smaller ones (namely eyeliner).

I am now happier with the addition of my new storage. I'd love to know how you store your make up - let me know in the comments below.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and have a lovely day!
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...