Tuesday 27 May 2014

The Body Shop Haul and New Video!

Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone is well! I thought today that I would write a post to compliment my new video (which shall be linked at the end!) So, I went to the Body Shop for a little splurge; as I had a £20 off £40 code! Which is still on btw: http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk 

I thought I'd start off my saying, the service in the Brighton store was lovely! I spoke to a very friendly consultant called Hannah, who was extremely knowledgeable of all the products!

On another note: if you are a student then you can sign up for the love your body card - for free! This awesome card (shown on the left) gives you 10% off your purchase, and if you spend £10 or more, you will get a stamp on your card! On the 4th stamp you will receive a free gift worth up to £5, and on the 8th stamp a free gift up to £10! And a birthday gift (worth up to £5) - need I say more students! (Click here for more details)


I'll just mention a few things about the products that I bought!

"Add some zest to your regular beauty regime and help revive dull looking skin by adding vitamin c for skin to your routine." 
So, I'll be honest - I picked this up because I liked the smell! Hannah had me try it in store and the scent just made me instantly happier. Also, my skin felt lovely and soft after application.
This product is supposed to brighter dull skin, and energize your skin!

Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz - £9.00 / 100ml


I believe the Camomile collection is one of the Body Shop's newest ones, and everyone has been raving about this oil!

So, with my code I just had to pick this up! Also, I'm running low on my MAC cleanse off oil :(! And at the moment, that doesn't really run in my price range (student problems!)

I really like this! I would almost go as far to say it is better than the MAC oil! Firstly, love the smell; as it reminds me of going on holiday for some reason :)! Secondly, it's just the right consistency, I don't like oils too thin or too thick - this seems just right! Finally, it takes off all your make-up so gently, even waterproof make-up!

Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil - £10.00 / 200ml

Then, I have my recommendation from Living life in Docs :) I have now used this two nights in a row as a sleep-in moisture mask - and I LOVE IT! My skin feels super soft and happy in the morning! And (by some miracle) my spots don't seem as angry, and I don't seem to have as many! I will definitely be trying out more from this range in the future!


“Loved since 1977, our vitamin e skincare range has stood the test of time. If you’re concerned about the damaging effects of the environment on your skin, our vitamin e range can help to protect against pollution, cigarette smoke and UVA/UVB rays.”

Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask - £12 / 100ml

I know I just bought a cleanser - but this one intrigued me! And Hannah spoke very highly of this range; as she appeared to have the same skin problems as myself!

“Designed for combination skin, our seaweed skincare helps to restore balance and control excess oil to help give you a shine-free, matte finish.”

I preferred the look of this one to the gel one; as gel's seem to be more drying in my opinion. I have to say - I was unsure of this product (as you shall see in the video). Though after using it a couple of days now I'm starting to like this product :) It is very cooling on the skin, and makes my skin feel silky smooth! 

Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser - £8 / 200ml


Final product, the Banana Shampoo!

First off, I LOVE the smell - it is truly incredible (if you love bananas), but it also made my hair feel super soft!

The only thing is that the smell does not linger on your hair, especially if you layer other products! I now I really want to try the conditioner to see if that keeps the scent!

Banana Shampoo - £4.50 / 250ml





So, that is the end of this post! I hope you enjoyed it and stuck with me to the end! Here is my new Video featuring most of these products and my first impressions of them!

Have a lovely day!
x


























2 comments :

  1. I have both the seaweed cleansers and prefer the one you got to the gel, works quite nicely with my clarasonic as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one - made the right choice then :) still not sure whether to invest in the clarasonic or not :P lol x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...