Wednesday 10 September 2014

Product testing on holiday!

Hey Everyone,

So, I am currently wrapped up in bed as I am not feeling 100% :( I am so anxious and worried at the moment, I have literally made myself ill! (which sucks!) But anyway, I know I was meant to post yesterday - but I really wasn't feeling up to writing anything. But as I sit here this morning, I thought - yes, today I shall write a post. 

So, here it is...

From the left: Nude Advanced Renewal Serum, Eve Lom Flawless Radiance Primer and Radiance Lift Foundation,  L'Occitane Radiance and Colour Care Shampoo and Conditioner, Eldora Lashes in H106, Nivea In-Shower refreshing after sun lotion.

When you are on holiday, it is both practical and fun to take sample sizes of products you may not have tried. It is a great opportunity to try something new; if you don't like it you can leave it there and never have to see it again! 

Here are few products I took with me on my recent trip to Italy (Click here to see) and my thoughts...

Nude Advanced Renewal Serum - I love Nude Skincare! Everything I have tried from the range I have loved. I have to say I think this one may be my favourite. This is a super light-weight serum and instantly absorbs into the skin. I loved using it before my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (+) as it helped it to sink in faster. There is also an instant cooling effect (which is great for a warm climate) and it kept my skin nice and hydrated.

Purchase full size? Definitely, when I get a job! :P

Eve Lom Flawless Radiance Primer and Radiance Lift Foundation - When I found out that the famous skincare brand - Eve Lom - was creating a make up line I got very excited. Now, I'll be honest, the primer I only used about twice (I forgot I'd packed it!). I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. It was a nice primer, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's worth the price tag. 
The foundation on the other hand - was lovely! For my skin type, it wouldn't be appropriate for everyday wear as it can leave me looking quite shiny. But as a holiday luxe product, it was lovely and gave me that holiday glowing skin with some added coverage :P
 
Purchase full size? Not the primer, the foundation I would maybe consider a holiday treat :P

L'Occitane Radiance and Colour Care Shampoo and Conditioner - I'll start of by saying that these are the best sample sized haircare set I've ever used! Especially for us long haired gals! I was able to get my hands on them in a recent set, which was £10 with a purchase of £30 (See L'Occitane post here).  And the formula is lovely! I really enjoyed the smell of these, the shampoo lathered really nicely. They made my hair nice and shiny. Really enjoyed using them!

Purchase full size? Definitely!

Eldora Lashes in H106 - I recently mentioned these in my August Favourites Video. They made me fall back in love with false lashes. They are so light and soft (made from real hair); I forgot I was wearing them most of the time. This pair in particular are very wispy and long. They feel very flirty lashes, as they thickener out at the outer edge, which compliments winged linger perfectly! 

Purchase full size? Yes - absolutely!

Nivea In-Shower refreshing after sun lotion - I do apologise in advance; as I am about to end on a negative review. Sorry :( Now, it's not that I don't like the whole in-shower body moisturiser thing (I do - mentioned in recent favourites). It was the whole after sun aspect. When I come back from a day out in the sun, I have always enjoyed that instant cooling sensation when you apply after sun. It feels really calming to the skin and helps calm any redness/burns. I didn't get this feeling when I used it in the shower! It wasn't the experience I look for when using after sun. I think I'll stick to traditional after suns from now on.

Purchase again? Nope.

So, I hope you enjoyed my little mini review of some products. I really enjoyed trying them on my holiday! What were some of your holiday favourites?

I hope you enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...