Friday 10 January 2014

eBay beauty shopping!


Hey Everyone,

Ever missed that limited edition palette you just have to have? or you really want to try this one product but it's slightly out of your price range?

If the answer is yes to the above questions, then I shall ask you one more question - Have you tried on eBay?

I've got a slightly different post for you today - it's all about eBay! I LOVE eBay! This is no secret amongst my friends and family - I blame my dad entirely! You just become addicted to the excitement of bidding against other people, and that absolute joy when you win!! (It's a problem!)

So - there are a two things I just wanted to share with you about eBay beauty buys...

1) Check the seller - This is obviously true for all eBay purchases and you can find this information on Seller information. When you have clicked on something you want to buy, you will see on the right hand side a small box with two important pieces of info. Firstly, how many sales they've had and secondly their feedback score. These are both pretty self-explanatory so I won't go into details!

2) Be prepared that it may not be the legitimate product - Even though a seller may say that it is the real deal doesn't mean that it is! And in some cases this is fine, if the product works fine (in my opinion!) But there will be some fakes that are really rubbish!

To round off this post, I'll just share a few eBay purchases that I have made - some were successful and others were not…


Laura Mercier Celebration Face Palette - I can not take the credit for this awesome find, it was in fact my dad! So unfortunately I can't give you any details such as the price or seller :( However, it is one of my examples of an excellent eBay buy!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk - £3.99 (free shipping), I had really wanted to try this product; as it seems to be a must in all beauty bloggers collections. Unfortunately, living in the UK, means that I have to get all NYX products online! So, this cheeky purchase on eBay saved me £4.50 on shipping alone!

MAC 219 - Sorry to end on a bad note, this is an example of a bad purchase. I've been really wanting to get the MAC pencil brush for ages but at the time I couldn't afford to get one from MAC. Naturally, I turned to eBay - however, (as you can see from the picture) this is clearly not a pencil brush! Though I wouldn't have been too bothered if the quality of the brush had been better! The bristles are falling out and its super uncomfortable to use on the eye.

So, in short, eBay is good for those occasional beauty finds but just be careful! Enjoy shopping!

I hope you enjoyed this post and are having a lovely evening!

Emma
x



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...